Monday, December 19, 2011

& today I actually have stuff to report...

I am exhausted. Being here wears me out. Why was I always so bored when I actually lived here?
I got up fairly early, on account of me going to bed shortly after 9 PM. Still, I got about 11 hours of sleep in where I didn't wake up once. I was slow getting ready, just because I could be! No school, remember? It was great.
2 hours later, Megan (the cousin I'm staying with till tomorrow) drove me to the mall. The only thing that could have made that better is if I actually would have had money to spend. Maybe not, though. I haven't been shopping at any of my favorite stores in so long that I would have had no idea what to buy, and I would have spent my hypothetical money on something useless.
Sometime between the mall and the awesome frozen yogurt place in front of Megan's house (she lives in the coolest neighborhood, I swear...), I met up with two different friends I used to go to school with.
Could I have stayed here if TTU hadn't accepted me? Probably, yes. But over the course of the day I had to keep reminding myself that I did leave for a reason. Even if it's small and generally uninteresting, Cookeville is home! ...At least until I finish my degree. Someday, I would like to move back here, and I probably will...unless I meet a guy at Tech who can convince me to settle in the Bible Belt...
Better than all the trivial facts about what stores I went into...today is the first day since I heard The Sad News that I've actually felt like doing anything! I thought I'd just feel like moping in bed all day, but I was so relieved to find out that wasn't the case. Maybe this is just the break I need...and dealing with the stress of spending the actual holiday week in a town even more dull than Cookeville will be worth the mood boost.
I fully realize school will be weird for the first month or so, till I make a couple new friends to fill the void (Though Tyler is an awesome text friend, so no way are we losing touch completely)...but here, I don't have to think about that. Nothing that ever happened in Cookeville can touch me here.
It'll be even better when I can actually shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment