Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Home - A Photo Tour.

Every place has something good in it,
from the falling down ghettoes of southeastern Kentucky, to the TOO COLD flatlands of North Dakota.
I love Fargo, I really do...in the summer. The whole town smells good, and it's less crowded because most of the college kids have gone home.
I moved here in July. A year (11 months, but who's counting?) is plenty enough time to get to know a place.
Because I didn't make any long-term friends I didn't already know before I came here,
most of the places I'll miss will just be stores or places I spend time at by myself...but here they are anyway:

^Every time I see the bridge that connects the states, I think of the time Mike and I walked 2 and a half miles in search of a Hardees, and we called his mom to tell her we walked to North Dakota. XD She didn't know it was only 8 blocks to North Dakota from my apartment.

^The buffalo with the human face, at the art museum next to the library. Every time I want to go to the coffee shop, the Moorhead mall, or if I catch a bus downtown, I have to pass this. It's freaking creepy but I kinda feel like it's the mascot of my neighborhood.

^Just kidding. I hate Hornbachers. But it's where my food comes from, so I have to be a LITTLE bit thankful it exists.

West Acres is probably my favorite place in the entire town. It was where I bought virtually all my clothes from 7th grade up to now. When I come back here to visit, I'll have to go there to spend more money I don't have. :)

^This is where I ate lunch today. One of my first memories is trying a parmesan pretzel at this same restaurant. They're greasy and overpriced, but I had to have one because when I was younger, it was a big tradition, and I wanted to feel like a little kid again.

^Yeah, yeah, more food. This is the candy store, where I get my bag of Jelly Belly beans that are the same flavors every time. Pomegranate, Kiwi, Pear, Peach, and Plum.

^It is disgusting how much money I spend at Hollister in one shopping trip. Everything in there is bright and colorful...My wardrobe is so dark, except for the stuff I've bought from there.

^Before the store next to JCP was a tux shop, it used to be a toy store. KB Toys was where I first learned that I could blow all my birthday money on one trip. XD I remember being 10 years old throwing a penny into that fountain. I have pictures standing in front of it at 16 years old, and at 21, I bought my convention dress at JCPenneys, as well as towels and washcloths for my *4th* apartment.

^A girl I knew in college told me there is an Asian Market in Nashville, and one in Knoxville too, but both of those cities are an hour or more from where I'll be living. I'll miss having fancy ramen only a 15 minute bike ride away.

Of course, there are MANY more places I'll miss (EXTREME PITA, Cashwise, the seasonal DQ 3 blocks away, the Moorhead library, Moxie Java, Target, Taco Johns, and Pizza Ranch, to name a few), but I don't have pictures of them. I need to make a list of things I should do every holiday when I can afford to come visit.

I wonder what I'll be doing at this time next year, and where I'll be...I hope I'll be enjoying a summer in Cookeville just as much as I've enjoyed summer here so far. :)

2 comments: