Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Random Act Of Kindness

Before I go into the plot of the story, I should introduce the cast.
Cory - Guy I'm dating. We hang out sometimes. :P
Ben - Really cool church friend.
John Aaron (JA) - Youth leader at the BCM.

So. There's this trip I impulsively decided I wanted to go on. Or more so, I realized all my friends were going (most of them, anyway), and I didn't want to feel left out. Plus, I think getting out of town for a weekend will force me out of my comfort zone, and hopefully improve my anxiety in the long run. ANYWAY, I wanted to go, but couldn't come up with the money.

I had posted a Facebook status about hoping for a miracle. Not asking for anything, I just wanted to vent a little. I texted Ben about it the next day (he is like my personal twitter, I text him everything lol), and he offered to help me out. I hesitated for a little while, but he reassured me it was no big deal, so I accepted his offer.

Later on, I was eating pancakes at the BCM with Cory when JA walked by me and said, "Hey, you're all ready to go for Fall Focus."
I said, "I know. Ben paid for me."
JA said, "No, I think it was a girl who paid."
Me: "I just talked to him. He said he'd pay."
JA: "He came in to talk to me, but someone had already covered you."

I was too shocked for words. Maybe $30 isn't much to some people here, but it's a lot for me. If I lost $30 paying an unnecessary expense, I'd feel it for the rest of the month. I was touched by the somewhat generous gift. I'm nothing, I don't deserve it, Why is this random person being so nice to me? <-- Those were the thoughts going through my head.

I still don't understand who would help me and expect nothing in return. Since I don't know her name, I can't pay her back. So I'm going to pay it forward instead. Perhaps not with money, but with a kind deed somehow. If I get into the community service sorority I'm rushing this week, that should give me an opportunity to give back. And if I don't, I will find another way.

Because I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment