Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The bi-annual end of semester recap!

Today, I finished my last assignment. (For anyone who cares, it was a Geology paper.)
After finals, I will have completed my fourth semester of college.
Where does the time go?
My GPA has dropped, but I believe I've become a better person in four short months.
Inside, I'm just as hopelessly messed up, but I'm so much more awesome at faking it than I used to be! ...But it's not all fake. Some happiness is real...And I would be miserable alone. It's all because of the following people that I've been able to survive the chaos of culture shock, poverty, loneliness, self-pity, religious confusion, and many many guyfails.
(Not in order of importance...more like order of appearance.)
  • Kyle - I wish I would have come over more. I would have if I had known you would leave so soon. But anyway, thanks for giving me a place to stay when I needed someone to talk to who would never judge or think less of me. I wish you were here, but even more so, I wish you happiness wherever you are.
  • Brianna - Back in March when I applied at Tech (and you were still mostly an e-buddy), Mike said you wouldn't be my friend anymore when you had to see me everyday. I'm glad we proved him wrong! I can tell you anything, and you understand my quirks. That's what friends are all about, right? :)
  • Ben - My first real, in-person Tech-friend! I miss hanging out. We haven't had lunch or talked one on one in like a month and that's sad. But I'll always have the good memories of beating people up with inflatable crayons and going swimming! I can never pay you back for all the crap of mine that you put up with...but for what it's worth, I'm really grateful you did.
  • My community group: Kelly, Alaina, Melinda, Rachel, Adam, Maicie, and Michael - Thanks for not looking down on me for not being "Christian enough." And I love that you're all genuine, awesome people who came to my birthday party when almost everyone else bailed. 
  • Cana - Fangirl buddy! You're so easy to talk to, which I don't say about many girls! I wish you the best of luck in Cleveland and I really hope you'll come visit from time to time. :)
  • Devin - Oh, my favorite Geology slacker. I know you feel awkward around people you don't know, but I'm so happy you took a chance and got to know me. We have yet to hang out off-campus, and this needs to change. 
  • Kevin - Without your help, I would have spent way more mornings freezing and wet on the walk to class. It's so crazy that we were neighbors for so long and didn't know it! 
  • Sam - It's an awesome coincedence that Ben introduced you to me right when I was planning on checking out the UCSC. Shopping with you has been one of my favorite weekend memories. I hope we'll get to hang out even more next semester. There are not many people I'm willing to get up early for!
  • The SG: Josh, James, Shane, Isaac, Amy, Brad, William, Alex, and everyone else I'm forgetting...you let me hang out with you every day and never complain about how annoying I am. It doesn't sound like much, but I'd be lost without you.
  • Tyler - I'm sorry things are so awkward. If I could turn back time, I would. But I think we'll be okay. You're a great friend. I don't know what made you and Brad sit with Brianna the day after Kyle left, but I'm glad you did because I've had so much fun getting to know you better. You're the most awesome Brony I've ever met.
  • Casey - Intercultural Communications would have been unbearable without someone to pass notes to! You make every Tuesday and Thursday a little brighter. Someday soon, we'll have to go stuff ourselves with popcorn again. I'll miss you when my new classes start, but I think we'll keep in touch! 
  • Tiffany - I'm glad I added you on Facebook. We have so many things in common... (even taste in guys sometimes! lol) I hope we can hang out more when you come back from break!
  • Patrick - It sucks that you're only here until May, but until then, we'll have to do as much fun stuff as possible. You're one of my favorite neighbors! I love that we've gotten along so well since day 1.
  • Chandler - Very new text friend: I think it's funny that I run into you as often as I do. Please don't lose touch! It's not every day that I meet an awesome new Cookevillian who compliments me in text, complete with kitty faces. We need to find ourselves an adventure. Soon. :)
This is not a complete list. I'm sure I've forgotten a name or two. Even the bad people make me better, and someone might still pop in and change my life before my last final is filled out. I'm both nervous and excited to see what spring semester will bring. I'm hoping for less loss and many more happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment