Sunday, October 16, 2011

Thought Questions #3

"In the last week, name one moment that stuck out to you."

Oh dear Lord, fall break is boring. I could write a whole post about how much I wish it was Tuesday again, but who would read it?
(Even if I lived close enough to home to leave for fall break, I would still stay. I don't have my own room anywhere but my apartment, and I doubt any of my family members would be excited to spend 5 days with me. Which is why I'm couch-hopping and staying with friends over Christmas...)


Anyway. Fun times? Thursday was awesome. It ended awesomely, at least. During the morning (Soul Food), I was incredibly depressed, dreading the time when all my friends would leave Cookeville and go back home to their happy families and home cooked meals. I was a little jealous and feeling sorry for myself...all day.
That night, I didn't go to International Night like I usually do. (For non-BCMers, this is another free meal and time spent with a couple friends who make me happy.) I went to a poetry reading with Daniel because I wanted to get to know him better, and he's so busy -- we almost never get to hang out alone. (Though I hope that changes soon? We did get a chance to spend some time talking one on one Friday night. It was also pretty freaking awesome.) I loved their free food at the Backdoor Playhouse almost more than the BCM food. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a cheap/free meal. :)

D. had to leave the poetry reading early to go write a paper, and I wasn't ready to go home yet.
No one I knew was left at the BCM, so I decided to go to this fall festival thing at the UC. I had remembered Kevin talking about it, but I didn't know if anyone I knew would actually show up there. I decided it was worth a shot.

And it was SO MUCH FUN. Not only did I get more free food (italian ice, funnel cakes, cotton candy and chips!), but it was like a dance and a party at the same time...with none of the misery & drama of high school dances. I actually ended up knowing a lot of people there (Ben & James & Kevin to start with...I met a few girls later who are new friends now!) All the new people I met were great. It just simply amazes me...I've met more people than I can keep track of in Cookeville, and I have yet to run into one real bully. A couple people who don't watch their words sometimes, but I haven't met anyone who's deliberately mean. Southern hospitality is awesome. XD

I was out late getting hopped up on sugar, dancing, taking funny pictures, and lots of other randomness. The next day, I was so sleep deprived, but it was worth it! If everyone I know has to leave town for the long weekend, at least I had fun before they left. Now, if only Tuesday would come faster. There are many, many people I want to tackle.

No comments:

Post a Comment