Saturday, February 11, 2012

BCM Girls Retreat...and stuff.

I knew there was a reason I chose to leave most of my money at home.
Here's a confession: Every time I hang out with a group of girls, especially church girls, I have this crazy urge to go blow every dollar I have. They seem so...put together. I feel like I don't have the right hair products, the right makeup, the right clothes...They even look good in their pajamas, I've found out...
So many logos and iphones and vera bradley bags...I can't help but be jealous.
I do want to be friends with girls. There are just some topics of conversation that don't interest guys. I'm not sure about how to go about doing it. I mean, I'd be too embarrassed to invite them over to my apartment. Guys don't really seem to care about poverty or bad decorating...I can't really drive over to anyone else's apartment either...
There are some girls who are easier to talk to. I suppose because they don't flash their money, so there's nothing to be jealous of. I met a really nice girl at Chi Alpha named Andrea. I hope I get to talk to her more. And of course I tell Brianna almost everything. We just "clicked," and I can't explain how rare that is.
Too bad pledging OPA (paying dues?) was such a stressful experience.
Meeting girls is so hard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment