Sunday, February 19, 2012

...

I haven't written in a week because I feel like there isn't much to say. Each day fades into the next. I am simply existing. Not to say that I spend my entire life in a fog of loneliness and self-pity...I'm almost always with people...doing something, just nothing that my readers would care to hear about. But I'm here anyway, babbling about nothing in general...

Valentine's Day was nice. Alex took me downtown to an Italian restaurant called Esca. The food was so good, but not worth waiting half an hour to get it. I don't have expensive tastes when it comes to food. I'm a fast food kind of girl. I would have been fine with Olive Garden or Fazoli's, but I think he decided I deserved better? I loved the Rainbow Dash pony he bought  me. Much better than chocolate that spoils or flowers that die...

Yesterday was winter formal. That went better than I had expected too. Of course I was klutzy and spilled something on my dress...hopefully I can clean it before Nashville...So many girls gave me compliments! I feel like they all looked ten times better than me, but I smiled and thanked them anyway.
When I was at my apartment getting ready, Tyler & I were texting and he said he wished he could have been at the dance with the rest of our group. I need a better word filter. So often, I text about fun things I've been up to, and he gets sad/frustrated because he's missing out. I'm a bad friend. Then again, he chose to leave, so if he's missing out on anything, it's not my fault...

I also got to talk to one of my other BCM friends that I've kinda drifted apart from. I know things got really strained after one of our mutual friends messed my life up, but we seem to be doing okay. I miss the days when we used to sit together at lunch and text about everything. I miss not feeling awkward.

As I said, there really isn't much to write about. Everything just feels so...blah. Perhaps when Kale gets here, I'll have a more interesting entry. Reactions to southern culture from a yankee who spent his entire life in the suburbs? If I were a follower, I'd read that!

No comments:

Post a Comment