Sunday, January 29, 2012

Moment of weakness...

I'm a pretty good pretender...I tell everyone about how free I am because I don't have any family members telling me what to do, and how great I'm doing on my own...
And it's true. I'm happy when I'm under no one's authority, and I love my independence.
But sometimes I just want someone to call me and ask me about my day.
That's one of the things I miss most about my mom being around. She'd listen to all the tiny little details, and she acted like she really cared about what happened to me. I feel like I'm a nuisance if I call any of my other family members. They have so many things to deal with in their own lives, and most of them have other kids...so who has time for me?
I kinda feel like I got lost in the shuffle.
Oh, the curses of being the black sheep in a small, distant family...

No comments:

Post a Comment