Thursday, November 3, 2011

birthday list - for family, friends, and other random humans.

I used to think presents were a huge deal, back before I knew where money came from.
When I was in middle school, I remember being mad at my parents because they gave me one less gift than the year before.
I'd only look forward to turning another year older because I knew I'd get money.
I was a spoiled child.
If gifts were the only thing that mattered, last year would have been the best ever.
I got hundreds of sympathy dollars.
But this year, I want something else.
I just want my friends to eat cake and pizza with me, and take funny pictures.
So basically, like lunch or any school event, but better.
But if you insist...
Yes, I am always in need of gift cards because my apartment still doesn't have furniture, and I am constantly freezing.
But this party isn't to get a kitchen table or a bookshelf or winter clothes.
I want your company. :)
On the other hand, I do love cards.
Bought from Hallmark or handmade out of notebook paper.
I save all of them, if possible.
Cards are a tangible reminder that say, "Hey, I was thinking about you today."
I like it when people think about me.
The party is on Sunday at 2 at Cream City.
Hope to see you there for free food and general awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment